Ice cream is a type of frozen food usually consumed as a dessert. It is made from milk, then flavored with a sweetener, spice like cocoa or vanilla, or fruit like strawberries or peaches. Ice cream is present in other desserts like apple pie or as an element in ice cream sundaes, milkshakes, and cakes. Americans also consumed a lot of ice cream every year. People of all age groups love this frozen dessert very much. There are multiple ice cream brands in the United States. So, there is also a famous ice cream brand named Ben And Jerry’s. They are well-known globally for their mouth-watering ice-creams. They also make frozen yogurt and sorbet. Ben and Jerry’s was started back in 1978 in Burlington, Vermont. Then Unilever acquired the company in 2000. Ben and Jerry’s headquarter is in South Burlington, Vermont, and its main factory in Waterbury, Vermont.
This brand is so famous that the superhero film Avengers: Infinity War mentions Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors Hulk-A-Hulk-A-Burning Fudge and Stark Raving Hazelnuts. They have a vast customer base, and they are successfully operating in the market for a very long time. There is a wide range of flavors of Ben And Jerry’s ice-creams. Sometimes it can be tough to pick the best flavor of this brand as all are so tasty. So this article will talk about the best Ben and Jerry’s flavor named Chunky Monkey. So below are all information that you should know about this unique ice cream flavor:
Ben And Jerry’s Chunky Monkey
Chunky Monkey is a best-selling ice cream flavor of the brand Ben And Jerry’s. It is made from bananas having fudge chunks & walnuts. Ben And Jerry’s Chunky Monkey is like the nuttiest chocolatey-chunkiest concoction-gone-bananas. The best thing about the Chunky Monkey ice cream is that it is gluten-free. It is healthy and just makes your mind fresh. These ingredients are used to make Chunky Monkey ice cream: cream, skim milk, liquid sugar, water, sugar, walnuts, banana puree, coconut oil, egg yolks, cocoa, lemon juice, concentrate, guar gum, natural flavors, milk fat, carrageenan, soy lecithin, and vanilla extract. Chunky Monkey is available as Pint and Scoop Shops. Food critics also gave positive reviews for its taste and the ingredients used. It’s a very old ice cream flavor of Ben And Jerry’s, and people still love to eat it.
You can find Ben And Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream on the stores and e-commerce platforms. Chunky Monkey is also certified Kosher. In addition, the brand uses responsibly sourced packaging. So if you have still not tried the Chunky Monkey Ice Cream, you should do it, and you will love it. If you want to know how Ben and Jerry’s make Chunky Monkey ice cream, you should keep reading:
Process For Making Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry’s is famous for its chunks and swirls. However, you have also wondered how the brand makes its ice cream and adds chunks and swirls. So below, you can check the process for the making of Chunkey Monkey ice cream:
- The process for making Chunky Monkey starts from the farm. Local from sends the milk to Ben and Jerry’s factories. There are thousands of cows present on the farm. The milk is divided into cream and condensed milk.
- As the milk and cream reached St. Albans and Waterbury Vermont factories of Ben and Jerry’s, now it’s the time to cool the ingredients by pumping them into four 6,000-gallon storage silos. Milk and cream are kept cool at 36 degrees.
- Here comes the most important part, making the mix through the blend tank. So, a skilled person named Mix Master mixes all the ingredients in the Blend Tank, a 1000-gallon stainless steel mega-blender. The blending of the ingredients lasts for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then the ice cream mix was transferred into the Surge Tank for pasteurization and homogenization. This process is for eliminating harmful bacteria in the mixture. So this process makes the ice cream safe to eat.
- It’s time to add the flavor to the mix of the ice cream. First, the mixture is transferred to the Flavor Vats, a series of stainless steel vats that hold 500 gallons of mix. The flavor vats help to add flavorings, purees & extracts, like vanilla, pure peppermint, fruit extracts, banana puree, to the ice cream mix.
- Now, after adding the flavor to the ice cream mix, it’s time to freeze it. So, the mixture is pumped to the freezer. The ice cream mix enters the freezer at 36 degrees and exits at 22 degrees.
- After the extreme cooling of the ice cream mix, it now goes through the Chunk Feeder. Here’s the place where the popular chunks are added to the ice cream. They add swirls in the ice cream mix through The Contherm & Variegator. So that’s how our favorite Chunky Monkey ice cream got chunks and swirls.
- Now the packaging of the Chunky Monkey ice cream begins. Then, the packaged ice cream send to be frozen in the Spiral Hardener. The temperature in the Spiral Hardening Tunnel is 30 degrees below zero.
- After that, the quality of ice cream checks in the Quality Assurance Lab. The QA folks ensure that the ice cream meets strict standards of Ben & Jerry’s product excellence.
- After the quality checking process, it’s time to send the ice cream for distribution. Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey is distributed in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, restaurants, cinemas, and other venues.
Chunky Monkey Brownies
You can also use Chunky Monkey ice cream to make multiple items, including brownies. The process is simple to make Chunky Monkey brownies. The brownies will taste similarly to Chunky Monkey ice cream. You will surely like the Chunky Monkey Brownies inspired by Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. You can make Chunky Monkey brownies at your home on your own.
For making the brownies, you just need some ingredients and follow the below process. So have a look at how to make Chunkey Monkey brownies:
Ingredients For Chunky Monkey Brownies
These are the essential ingredients you will need to make these brownies; you cannot prepare them without them.
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 16 oz Heavy Cream
- One box 5 oz Banana Creme Pudding mix
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
Process For Chunky Monkey Brownies
After understanding the ingredients, now have a look at the process for making Chunky Monkey Brownies:
- First, you have to heat the oven to 350. Then oil a pan and powder with flour.
- Take these ingredients: salt, cocoa, baking powder, flour, and whisk them.
- Then take a separate bowl, and put sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Now you have to combine ingredients into the butter mixture. Also, fold chocolate chips into the batter. Then spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, and then don’t forget to let it cool.
- Now, whip heavy cream and also powdered sugar and pudding mix. Then scatter the topping over brownies.
- Now you can do garnishing with chocolate chips. Then put the brownies in the refrigerator and after that, it is available to serve.
Additionally, you can also add a scoop of Chunky Monkey ice cream to the brownies if you would like to do it.